We’re looking for a Senior Game Designer to join our team in Madrid, Spain.
As a Game Designer, you will responsible for the design, configuration, and balancing of gameplay elements and systems. You’ll evaluate and improve existing gameplay systems and mechanics to ensure the highest level of fun. For the integration, you’ll have to work closely together with the game programmers, artists, and production staff.
Saber Interactive is a U.S.-based developer and publisher of video games. Consisting of over 20 studios and more than 2,500 employees worldwide, we are one of the key operative business units of Embracer Group, which is one of the biggest videogame companies in the world with around 14000 employees.
Creating and/or publishing games for all major platforms based on original and licensed IPs, Saber’s current and upcoming titles include Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine 2, World War Z, Evil Dead: The Game, SnowRunner and A Quiet Place. Founded in 2001, Saber is also known for two decades of development partnerships with AAA publishers, producing The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt for Nintendo Switch, Halo: The Master Chief Collection, Crysis Remastered, and many others.
Our website is: http://www.saber3d.com
Apply at https://saber-interactive-spain.jobs.personio.com/ .Please include in your application a portfolio that shows examples of your work as a game designer and your related experience with Unreal Engine. Applications without a portfolio cannot be considered.
• Minimum 3 years of experience and at least one title published as game designer
• Throughout understanding of game system design, game mechanics and how to document everything and how to bring it to life
• Experience with game design relevant tools
• Strong communication skills with the ability to clearly define and communicate design ideas
• B2-C1 English
• Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science
• Experience with Unreal Engine
• Experience with game balancing and balancing approaches
• Ability to prototype ideas in a game engine
• Level design experience will be taken into account.
• Design, configuration, and balancing of gameplay elements and systems
• Evaluation and iteration of gameplay systems to ensure the best possible gameplay experience
• Opportunity to work with a great international team of professionals on the next generation of AAA titles
• Salary based on experience
• Permanent, full-time contract
• Flexible working hours
• Hybrid working model
• Fresh fruit, coffee and beverages at the office
Saber Interactive Spain is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace, especially to gender equality. We prohibit discrimination and harassment based on race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. Saber Interactive Spain makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.