The Emerging Technologies team at Mozilla Research is working to enable real-time, high performance virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR) applications on the web, with the goal of enabling users to have compelling and safe experiences in this new technology area. We work on new web browsers, web-based applications, web engine standards and implementations, and web frameworks and tools for developers.
As a technical artist on the mixed reality team, you will use your visual and user interface skills to build visually compelling demonstrations of the kinds of experiences that developers could build and users could experience on the VR and AR web in the future.
**Please include a portfolio, reel, or website showing your recent work.**
- BS or Msc or equivalent in technology and/or arts.
- Shipped games or experiences on mobile, web or AR/VR platforms
- Experienced in modelling, texturing and animating assets for limited resources platforms.
- Written and verbal communication skills in English
- Experience with Unity or Unreal game engines.
- Deep understanding of web technologies and APIs: WebAudio, WebRTC, WebWorkers, WASM, WebGL, WebXR…
- Experience with optimization techniques both 3D assets and code for mobile and low end devices with technical constraints such as memory or frame rate limitations.
- Experience with Blender, as well as other common 3D content creation tools.
As a Technical Artist in the Mixed Reality team in Emerging Technologies at Mozilla, you will...
- Design and create short-form virtual and augmented reality experiences on the web platform
- Build a variety of 3D and 2D assets for use on the web in new hardware platforms that make the best use of bandwidth and performance limitations while still being compelling
- Promote your works through creation of video & art captures and integrating them with the team’s social media and technical documentation
- Collaborate with tools, framework, and browser engineers to deliver enjoyable experiences
- Be comfortable delivering with significant freedom on rapidly-moving software and hardware platforms
- Work on a multicultural geographically-distributed team
- Work entirely on open source
- Work with the community, other Mozilla teams, and our corporate partners