Mediatonic is one of the UK's largest independent game developers with around 200 people across 6 locations worldwide. With incredibly diverse games, from top-grossing mobile titles, to hardcore PC simulators, from major IPs to completely original titles.
Above all, we take pride in crafting games that challenge and inspire us and we invest in technology that will keep us at the forefront of the industry. We hire experts to take on the biggest creative and technical challenges we can get our hands on and we invest in our people for the long term.
In the coming years, we have plans to grow across all our studios/locations. We are looking for a Senior IT Support Engineer to join our studio in Madrid. You'll be working remotely with our IT Manager based in London to maintain our IT estate, deliver IT projects and provide onsite support to our team of around 40 people located in Madrid, and expect the studio to grow to 50 people over the next year.
This is a unique role, with the opportunity to take ownership of this studio's IT.
Due to the nature of our business, our team has a very high level of computer literacy so the role will have a greater focus on maintenance, troubleshooting and IT projects over user-support. We run a mixture of Windows and Linux services, and offer our teams the choice of PCs or Macs. We also manage a large number of mobile devices and consoles used to test and develop our games.
A high level of IT knowledge is required for this role, working remotely with the IT Manager to implement new exciting infrastructure to aid the Madrid office's imminent expansion.
- Passionate about providing friendly and approachable support.
- A methodical approach to troubleshooting
- Good understanding of software development systems including BitBucket, JIRA, and Jenkins.
- Good understanding of both Windows and Macs.
- Experience administering Windows domains
- Excellent understanding of Linux and Unix systems
- Experience with MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Experience with Routers and network topology
- Excellent understanding of networking fundamentals
- Knowledge of endpoint management strategies with experience using different MDM solutions
- Experience with VMWare and Citrix technologies
- An interest in computer games, or game development
- Be the primary point of IT contact for the Madrid office
- Build, install and configure new IT equipment for our team
- Maintain AV equipment in our meeting rooms
- Maintain and Upgrade network equipment
- Complete new technology projects and rollouts, working closely with our IT Manager
- Upgrade and Maintain our remote Linux systems
Are you interested in creating moments that matter, for millions of players, in games that run for years?
Does the idea of working together with a friendly team of Tonics towards the common goal of making great games appeal to you?
Did we mention our out of control but totally cool sticker obsession?
We have a range of benefits at Mediatonic, including flexible retribution plan (for lunch, transport and nursery school), free snacks, coffee, tea, and soft drinks; personal development time for side-projects that are interesting to you; English (and Spanish) classes; and an awesome induction trip to our London office and meet the rest of the Mediatonic crew, amongst other things.
How to apply & really impress us
As a people first studio, our biggest priority is to hire the right person. A cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you’re passionate about really helps to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd.
Successful applications will usually have a phone chat before being invited to an interview at Mediatonic. If you are applying for a creative role, remember a portfolio is essential. For all applications we suggest you read the job description carefully and let us know why you believe you’re the right person to take on this job.
We receive heaploads of applications, and while we do our best to respond, we can't always guarantee this.