At elite3d we are currently looking for a Level Designer/Combat Designer with experience in runtime engines.
We’re looking for a level designer/combat designer to help us create exciting new gameplay experiences. In collaboration with peers from all disciplines (artists, programmers, animators, writers, etc.), you’ll use your skills and knowledge of game design to create imaginative gameplay, produce creative solutions to playtest issues, and quantify and analyse feedback to ensure that players get the most out of the game.
• 2+ years’ of AAA experience as a Level and/or Combat Designer.
• Ability to design and script challenging combat experiences.
• Ability to create and design interesting levels starting from a set of pre-owned assets and written and/or illustrated references.
• Experience of a full game pipeline including optimization.
• At least one shipped game (credited), is a plus.
• Strong communication skills.
• Fluent English both verbal as well as in writing.
• Unreal experience is a plus.
• The ability to think in 3D.
• Drawing/sketching skills that display basic skills as well as any modelling work related to objects, buildings, natural terrain, etc.
• An understanding of optimization.
• Excellent sense of scale and level of finish.
• Experience with 3D Software such as Maya or equivalent package.
• Highly commitment to deadlines with ability to set realistic time estimates for own work.
• The ability to ensure solid gameplay on characters and levels.
• Proactive and driven.
• An excellent eye for detail and focus on delivering the very best quality.
• Team player and good collaboration skills.
• Design a variety of complex and rewarding combat systems, from paper until the implementation in the engine.
• Work with artists, animators, writers, and programmers to implement elements such as art, animation, story, and design requirements.
• Create design concepts, paper designs and white-boxes of levels within established sets of rules, in order to produce interesting locations, objectives, puzzles, narrative elements and challenging AI encounters that utilize the core mechanics of the game.
• Hands-on development of level layouts through all stages of development. You will own and implement levels from concept to final.
• Guiding the team in crafting unique spaces where gameplay flow and visual composition form memorable experiences.
• Participate in playtesting and create work items based on observations and analysis of playtesting data.
• Overseeing the creation and maintenance of detailed, comprehensive documentation.
• Flexible hours.
• In-house Physiotherapist.
• Relocation help.
• Healthy breakfast every morning including fresh fruits.
• Kitchens in the studio.
• Substantial discount for private healthcare and Gym.
• Spanish and English language courses.
• Social events and “Master Classes”.
• After-work room with gaming consoles, football table, specialist literature…
• Full time in-house position at our Studio in Valencia.
• Salary based on experience.
Interested candidates should send their CV with portfolio to email@example.com with reference to “Experienced Designer”