Do you want to be part of the next gaming revolution? Freeverse is a fast growing, early stage deep-tech company transforming the videogame industry by empowering gamers to take ownership of their in-game items, and trade them to others for real money. Our tech makes it possible to transform game time and effort into tangible value. Behind the scenes, we use cutting-edge digital asset ownership technology, yet we hide its complexity, and deliver products aimed at being enjoyed by millions.
We are seeking a Backend Engineer with DevOps experience to immediately join our team, in order to lead the deployment of our first products, and support our first customers. You’ll enjoy working in a very diverse team, from many different nationalities, in the heart of beautiful Barcelona. You will:
* Have key input into the design and development of our platform API, which will enable game developers to incorporate ownership and trading of in-game assets into their products
* Collaborate with both internal and external engineers to shape and define API contracts
* Create and maintain a scalable deployment solution for a multi-application ecosystem
* Design and implement data models/schemas in the data access layer
* Write and deploy unit testable and highly maintainable code
* Use the latest cloud, automation, continuous integration, monitoring, and container technologies
* Ensure the smooth operation of and participate in emergency response situations for outages in our infrastructure
* Learn, learn, and learn
We are looking for a seasoned developer who knows how to build robust, secure and efficient environments. You’re a collaborative team player who rolls up their sleeves, responds quickly and decisively, is flexible and open to change, and is able to productively work with the team to achieve company objectives. You have a high attention to detail and love to learn and solve complex engineering problems, and are open and enthusiastic to learn about new technology when required.
* 3+ years hands-on experience in coding and software development; strong OOP and software design knowledge
* Good knowledge of common full-stack web development languages and technology
* 1+ years DevOps experience, preferably in an AWS environment
* Experience with containers (Docker, Kubernetes), & content integration systems (CircleCI, Github Actions)
* Knowledge of, and experience with, AWS
* Experience designing APIs using Test Driven Development
Attention to detail and love to learn and solve complex engineering problems
* Most importantly, you have an “appreciate first” attitude to team-work - always providing honest feedback, while assuming that everyone is doing their best.
* Knowledge of goLang
* Experience in the games industry
* Knowledge of blockchain development
We offer a role of true responsibility, with your decisions directly affecting a product with hundreds of thousands of users. You will also be in the ideal position to grow your career within our tech team and take on increasing responsibility as the company grows. And on the practical side:
* A modern, sleek, office space with great views over Barcelona, and plenty of communal space to relax.
* Free breakfast on Tuesdays
* Free beer on Thursdays
* As much Lavazza coffee, tea, and fresh fruit as you can consume
* If you are new to Barcelona, a network of fellow newbies so you can make friends, contacts, and improve your Spanish (if required!)
Most of all - we guarantee you’ll be working in a small, fun, happy, and focused group of people who are intent on changing the face of the games industry - we dream big!
To apply, please send your curriculum vitae and brief cover letter to email@example.com
Freeverse is an equal opportunity employer and encourages and values diversity in the workplace.