We are seeking a full-time in-house Unity developer to join our development team in Spain. This person will be helping us build high performance Unity-based applications for our Immersive video streaming platform using existing Unity Tools, as well as create new specific ones , within an existing product architecture.
YBVR (http://www.ybvr.com) is a Silicon Valley based technology start-up building the next generation of Immersive Broadcasting technologies.
We are creating a Video-centric Live VR video streaming technology that allows to make experiences of live events in Virtual Reality much sharper, dynamic and enjoyable, while being optimized for any available bandwidth condition.
YBVR is an exciting environment, with a team fully committed to challenge the boundaries of what can be done, always in construction, re-invented everyday by the most dynamic and sometimes crazy team of very solid professionals who are changing an industry out of their passion for the VR world.
• Ability to communicate effectively and work as part of a team
• Proven experience building software with Unity (games or apps), ideally that are consumer facing and content driven
• Solid understanding of the full software development life cycle
• Ability to quickly find creative solutions to difficult problems
• Ability to write documented, unit testable, C# code
• Strong attention to detail, rigorous in self-testing code and delivering high quality work
• Analytical thinker, capable of translating business requirements into application architecture
• Highly motivated, self-starter
• Fluent english speaker
• BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, related degree, or relevant professional experience
• 2+ years’ experience in development
• Experience with video and streaming technologies
• Mobile development experience (iOS and/or Android)
• Experience with prototyping
• Experience with 3D/Shader/OpenGL
• Experience with Unity Editor programming
• Familiarity working in a scrum/agile environment
• Work closely with a dedicated team to develop 360 video focused applications
• Develop new features, reusable components, and documentation as requested by the team lead
• Participate in team cross training, code reviews, and mentoring of more junior developers
• Coordinate with your team to define development timeframes, dependencies, and areas of risk to be considered in project planning
• Prototype ideas into self-contained demos