Lingokids mission is to break down language barriers and provide equal opportunities for kids all around the world. To help us on this mission and continue building superb user experience for both kids and parents, we're looking for a well-rounded Senior Unity Systems Engineer (Tools) that wants to join us in our HQ located in sunny Madrid or work from their hometown.
We’re the playlearning™ app for more than 12 million families around the world. We teach kids important skills in English and help them discover their natural superpowers. Creativity. Collaboration. Critical thinking. Communication. These are some of the skills that children need to thrive. Parents can join the adventure of learning too. We’ve developed more than 600 games and activities kids and parents can play together. Our dream is to have a positive impact on 100 million families and we’re playworking™ hard to make it a reality… if you feel this dream could be your dream too, keep reading!
The Senior Unity Systems Engineer (Tools) is part of a squad that helps our product reach more than 20M families around the world by implementing game functionality, translating design ideas, concepts, and requirements into functional and engaging games.
This role will be responsible for creating good tools & systems for making more reliable games faster. Some of these tools will empower artists, designers and content creators to build new experiences
Some of the most challenging and exciting things in this role are:
- Build game creation Unity tools (SDKs) and systems for new Lingokids game templates.
- Analyze and maintain a Requirements backlog.
- Understand the current status & plans for the toolset, including Unity version upgrades and migrations for Unity games.
- Maintain a backlog of ideas, improvement, and suggestions for tools.
- Ensure that there is continuous feedback about usability on the tools.
- Ensure we're creating the best reusable templates and enable fast interaction with minimal dependencies.
- Document & establish working pipelines for the best usage of tools within the team.
- Make sure everyone understands the scope and capabilities of the toolset, and maintain effective user-facing documentation.
The ideal teammate for us would be someone genuinely passionate about games, but especially about kid’s games. Someone with hands-on experience in Unity 3D tool creation (more than 5 years with Unity Development) and has a deep understanding of game creation.
Experience with other game development toolset is a plus, and knowledge of other techs like VR, AR, face tracking, etc is desired.
English is a must. We are a multicultural team and we are providing a service in English so, we don't care about certificates but we expect you to be able to communicate fluently in spoken and written English.
If you think you don't tick all the boxes, we'd still love to hear from you and learn your unique combination of skills, knowledge, and talent.
We are not perfect, but we are proud of our culture and work hard to make sure every Lingoer loves what they do. These are some of the things we offer you for being a Lingoer:
- Competitive Salary: The range for this role is between 38k€ and 47k€ gross per year.
- Visa Sponsorship: We will fully-sponsor a visa to come work with us if needed.
- Holidays: 23 days of paid leave, and 14 days of bank holidays a year!
- Family Leave: Enjoy up to 4 months of paid family leave, regardless of when you joined.
- Stock-options: Joining the Lingokids journey means you own part of the company.
- Flexible Hours & Remote working: We care about the results you bring to the team. 9 to 6 and constant commuting is not for us either.
- The gear you need, whether it’s mac or windows, a big screen, or a laptop stand. Whatever you need to do your job, we get it for you.
- Diverse Environment: Gender balanced and multicultural team with 17+ nationalities and day-to-day work in English.
- Training: we support you to get better at your job with all the books, conferences, and training you need. Including language lessons at the office in ES, EN & PT
If any of this rings a bell, let’s chat!