El Ranchito is currently looking for a qualified **Mid Software Developer** to join us at our Madrid facility.
• Type of contract: Full-time (100% remote during covid19’s special measures)
• Duration of the contract: Long-term
El Ranchito is an award winning Visual Effects company for films, television
and commercials. With offices in Madrid and Barcelona, over the past years El Ranchito has delivered outstanding work for major blockbusters, including: A Monster Calls, Warcraft and Game of Thrones.
As a Mid Software Developer you will work with the heads of department to understand creative needs and engineer solutions to improve the efficiency of the company. Together with other developers you will craft technology that ease the production pipeline and increase the quality and efficiency of our creative tools.
• Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, other scientific discipline or a demonstrable engineering career . 5+ years of experience in Visual Effects, Computer Animation or other related fields.
• Expert in writing well architected, documented and tested Python and C++ code.
• Expert in rapidly solving creative problems with efficient solutions.
• Expert in managing code with Version Control Systems (e.g. GIT, SVN). Expert in developing tools or plugins for Maya, Houdini, Nuke or similar software.
• Strong understanding of Maths for 3D.
• Experience in understanding and reviewing code written by other developers.
• Experience with one or more of the followings: OpenGL, OpenCL, Cuda, Boost, QT, PySide.
• Experience working with Windows and Linux.
• Able to communicate effectively across multiple teams
• Fluent Spanish and English language skills, spoken and in writing
• Ability and motivation to quickly learn new software
• Eligible to work in Spain
• Experience writing procedurals or shaders for VRAY or Arnold. Experience developing render farm solutions.
If you are interested, fill up the recruiting questionnaire that you can find in our website, please select Apply for / Other / R&D Programmer”. or send us you cv to --> email@example.com