Here's an opportunity for an experienced 2D Game Artist/Illustrator to join a team of seasoned games makers and their recently funded start-up.
We have raised capital from the “who is who” of early stage gaming investors .
Our first game blends a casual/puzzle experience with a light metagame (think merging-puzzle meets Homescapes meta) and has been initially validated by upper percentile early retention and engagement metrics.
Our company offers a choice between fully remote engagement in the “CET +/- 1hour” time zones as well as employment at their new Berlin base.
This would be the right role for you if you...
• want to make games that bring perpetual entertainment to players around the world.
• are a humble team player with strong curiosity in others’ views.
• have ~ 4 years of relevant experience in the video games industry.
• gathered strong demonstrable artistic knowledge (line, shape, composition, light, colour, rendering…).
• have a deep understanding of design, including architectural elements and props.
• gained experience creating isometric worlds and are familiar with tiling processes.
• enjoy learning new tools. Basics of Unity would be an additional super power.
• Create amazing and consistent 2D characters, backgrounds and props from the first concept to the final asset ready for implementation.
• Build the world of the game keeping technical and artistic requirements in mind.
• Understand and empathise with the audience to create art they love.
• Work collaboratively with all members of the team.
You will join a small interdisciplinary team of seven very experienced game professionals covering all aspects of art, engineering, data analysis as well as company leadership.
This is a permanent full-time contract. We offer competitive salaries, confirming that they can accommodate exceptional candidates, and as an early stage employee you could benefit from the equity package that would get allocated after passing a trial period.
We also provide visa sponsorship and full relocation assistance if required.
We are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for everyone who works here or with us, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion (or lack thereof) and game preferences.