Skydance offers a dynamic, inclusive, and ever-evolving culture where innovative ideas are welcomed, and growth fostered. The partnership between unique creativity and technological advancements are demonstrated within each pillar of the company. At the heart of it all is a commitment to boldly entertaining and relevant storytelling.
While all Animation studios look to hire people who are creative and hard-working, Skydance Animation is specifically looking for pioneers who seek to push the limits of what the world’s most collaborative art form can achieve, and to give those pioneers the space and the resources to build a new studio that is doing something different.
We are hiring a Supervisor to lead the Matte Painting team.
As the Matte Painting Supervisor, you will use your experience as a qualified leader in your field to guide and inspire your team, while maintaining a smooth relationship and working in unison with the other departments for the successful production of the animated feature films you help create.
Skydance is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to building and fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We welcome and consider applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy status, military/veteran status, disability, or any other protected category. Diversity in the workplace is not just a commitment, it is who we are and a reflection of what makes our world special.
• 8+ years of professional experience in animation industries or VFX.
• 4+ years of leadership experience as Lead in the animation industry or VFX with a strong creative/technical background.
• Expert in Photoshop, Maya with Arnold, Nuke, Mary, Z-brush.
• Experience building new pipelines.
• Proficient in English.
We appreciate your interest. Only applications received on our website will be considered.
• Lead your team in creating Photo-realistic DMP’s, stylized DMP’s and concept art.
• Collaborate and keep fluid communication with other departments and production to meet targets.
• Assign the work to each team member, according interests and skill.
• Give guidance to the team and supervise the quality of the work.
• Actively participate in meetings to set direction and creative goals, ensuring that technical and budgetary requirements are met.
• Highlight cost implications of requests or changes.
• Help maintain the directory structure, naming conventions and files.
• Interact with other departments to Troubleshoot creative and technical issues and ensure continuity and that all elements work within a sequence.
Due to the pandemic, we are currently remote working.
Dynamic and fun working environment.
Headquarters in California.