Skydance offers a dynamic, inclusive, and ever-evolving culture where innovative ideas are welcomed, and growth fostered. The partnership between unique creativity and technological advancements are demonstrated within each pillar of the company. At the heart of it all is a commitment to boldly entertaining and relevant storytelling.
While all Animation studios look to hire people who are creative and hard-working, Skydance Animation is specifically looking for pioneers who seek to push the limits of what the world’s most collaborative art form can achieve, and to give those pioneers the space and the resources to build a new studio that is doing something different.
At Skydance Animation Madrid, we are looking for an FX Supervisor to inspire and lead and FX team.
As the FX Supervisor, you will be responsible for leading the FX team, both technically and artistically, to create state-of-the-art 3D animation films.
Are you keen on current artistic methodologies and want to influence the future of animation by becoming part of our studio in Madrid?
• 8+ years in VFX or animation.
• Proven leadership skills, managing and inspiring teams of artists.
• Fluency programming in scripting language: VEX, Python.
• Proficient in English.
Skydance is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to building and fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We welcome and consider applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy status, military/veteran status, disability, or any other protected category. Diversity in the workplace is not just a commitment, it is who we are and a reflection of what makes our world special.
We appreciate your interest. Only applications received on our website will be considered.
• Apply compositing theory, concepts and techniques to provide feedback and improve shots creatively.
• Work closely with other departments to bring effects to life, keeping up with production standards and demands.
• Coordinate with the FX Leads to keep consistency in the style of the film.
• Mentor potential up-and-coming talent to make them grow with the studio.
• Actively contribute to the studio’s growth by helping with recruitment needs and acting as a company ambassador with key industry players.
• Provide a healthy and nurturing environment for your team as their mentor and assign work based on skills and interests.
• Provide solutions to issues as they arise in coordination with other departments.
• Implement innovative artistic methodologies and technology trends and tools to exceed industry standards.
Due to the pandemic, we are currently remote working.
Dynamic and fun working environment.