Skydance offers a dynamic, inclusive, and ever-evolving culture where innovative ideas are welcomed, and growth fostered. The partnership between unique creativity and technological advancements are demonstrated within each pillar of the company. At the heart of it all is a commitment to boldly entertaining and relevant storytelling.
While all Animation studios look to hire people who are creative and hard-working, Skydance Animation is specifically looking for pioneers who seek to push the limits of what the world’s most collaborative art form can achieve, and to give those pioneers the space and the resources to build a new studio that is doing something different.
As the Sets and Props Modeling Supervisor, you will guide a team of talented modeling artists in executing complex CG models.
Are you a leader with a strong creative/technical background ready to inspire and motivate your team while creating state-of-the art environments in 3D animation films?
• Strong knowledge in all areas related to shading, texturing, lighting and camera and rigging.
• 8+ years of professional experience in VFX or animation industries.
• 4+ years of leadership experience as Lead in the animation industry.
• Expert in Maya.
• Proficient in English.
We appreciate your interest. Only applications received on our website will be considered.
• Lead and mentor your team to create high quality props and environments by implementing innovative artistic methodologies and technology trends and tools to exceed industry standards.
• Work closely with other departments to ensure that the creative vision is delivered and the intended feel and look of the assets achieved.
• Manage and anticipate pipeline production needs to enhance modeling workflow.
• Ensure production requirements are met on schedule and within budget.
• Establish efficient modeling techniques and set individual goals to foster team growth through understanding interests, strengths and weaknesses.
• Communicate and troubleshoot any creative or technical issues with the relevant departments.
• Actively contribute to the studio’s growth by helping with recruitment needs and acting as a company ambassador with key industry players.
• Due to the pandemic, we are currently remote working.
• Dynamic and fun working environment.
• Relocation services.