We are a dynamic interdisciplinary team at Blackmouth Games (https://www.blackmouthgames.com), an indie studio driven by a vision to redefine the landscape of next-generation online gaming.
At Blackmouth Games, we strive to innovate and create unique experiences that push the boundaries of what is possible in the gaming industry. To achieve this, we are currently seeking a full-time 3D Character Artist to join our talented team.
Are you in?
- Proven experience with:
* 3D Character Modeler in the gaming industry.
* Unreal Engine 4.
- 3D modeling software, such as ZBrush, Blender and Substance Painter applied 3D modeling production workflow.
- Understanding of anatomy, form, and silhouette.
- Experience with UV mapping and texture creation for character models.
- Effective communication skills and ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Verbal and written communication skills in English B2.
- Advanced knowledge of:
* Concept Art.
* Advanced use of Blender + UV mapping.
* Materiales de Unreal.
* Character rigging and skinning.
* Optimized topologies.
- Ability to create both realistic and stylized character models.
- Residence in Madrid is preferred, although remote work options are available.
- Create high quality 3D character models, following the workflow of the Art Dept. under the supervision of the Lead, that fit the artistic vision and artistic style:
* Iterate character designs based on feedback from Art Director and other team members.
* Develop and maintain a consistent and visually appealing artistic style for characters.
* Create both organic and hard surface character models with functionality and in-game performance in mind.
* Apply textures and materials to character models to achieve the desired visual quality.
- Work closely with the design and programming teams to understand character requirements and constraints.
- Learn our rigging and skinning tools. No previous rigging experience is necessary.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and tools related to character modeling.
- We make games with a strong craftsmanship component to which all team members actively contribute.
- Work-life balance is something we respect, protect and encourage through flexible hours.
- We do not feed the crunch culture.
- Possibility of continuous working hours and flexible start times.
- Constant improvement of our tools and processes so you can focus on creativity.
- Excellent working environment in the company of qualified professionals, who will help you make the most of your potential.
- Salary according to experience and skills.
If you want to be part of our team, send us your CV and a link to your portfolio/reel to:
firstname.lastname@example.org // Subject: "[3D Character Artist] - Candidate name".
* All samples received will be considered confidential.