About OUT OF THE BLUE
Out of the Blue Games (https://outbluegames.com/) is a games company based in Madrid, Spain. We are a group of veteran developers who want to live doing what they love most: games. After working together in several companies, we have decided to start a new adventure where we can develop our own ideas.
We would like to grow slowly, to keep a healthy environment of communication and transparency. We advocate for quality of life and respect for each and every one of us. We trust in the responsibility and experience of the team, and we work in an agile and goal-oriented way, enabling flexible schedules and work from home.
Our purpose is to make games with quality and attention to detail. We like to create coherent and lively stories, environments and worlds that resonate with our players. We want them to have fun, to feel, to experience those stories. And that together we can feel proud of our work.
We are looking for a Senior 3D animator for Unreal Engine 4 to help with the creation of animation assets for our upcoming project and to assist in the integration into the engine.
• Excellent Knowledge of animation tools such as 3D Studio or Maya
• Excellent Knowledge of UE4 animation integration and Blueprints
• Proven experience in applying modern interactive character animation techniques such as blending, IK, and partial-body animation
• +6 years of experience in the video games industry with a track record of shipped projects
• Must show a portfolio or reel
• Experience designing, creating, testing and maintaining rigs for characters (humanoids, animals, fantasy creatures), and props (articulated objects, mechanisms)
• Experience implementing IK-driven features
• Experience working with procedural/physically-altered animation techniques
• Experience with cinematics and facial animation
• Experience with animation pipelines and character rigs
• Experience with Particle FXs Systems is a plus
• High level of English, spoken and written
• Create high quality first person and third person human/bi-pedal animations for characters, and props (articulated objects, mechanisms), in a style consistent with the project’s art direction
• Setting up assets in Unreal Engine 4 (blueprints, sequences) to be ready for integration into gameplay
• Collaborate with programmers, designers, and artists to build elegant animation solutions
• Proactively identify and fix bugs and performance problems related to animations
• Optimize animations for run-time performance
• Respond effectively to changes posed by feedback
• Full time Permanent contract.
• Flexible schedule.
• Work from home (you will continue working from home post-covid).
• To start immediately.
• A nice work environment!