We are a dynamic interdisciplinary team at Blackmouth Games (https://www.blackmouthgames.com), an indie studio driven by a vision to redefine the landscape of next-generation online gaming.
At Blackmouth Games, we strive to innovate and create unique experiences that push the boundaries of what is possible in the gaming industry. To achieve this, we are currently seeking a full-time Concept Artist to join our talented team.
Are you in?
- Ability to graphically capture original concepts based on briefings.
- Experience in:
* Handling Photoshop or similar.
* Different artistic styles and genres.
- Knowledge in:
* Pipeline and workflow applied in video game development.
* Form, composition, use of details and visual storytelling.
- Strong understanding of anatomy, form, and silhouette.
- Seriousness and ability to work as part of a team.
- Good interpersonal communication.
- Verbal and written communication skills in English B2.
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine 4.
- Handling of 3D modeling programs such as Blender or similar.
- Experience in videogame development or animated film.
- Ability to graphic design and UI infographics.
- Love for videogames.
- Maintain a consistent style for all areas of art development (Environment, Characters & UI).
- Creation of detailed character concepts.
- Creation of detailed weapon concepts.
- Creation of detailed concepts of Modules/props/environment.
- Creation of advertising graphics.
- Time estimation for concept creation. Understanding the production processes and development workflow in videogames.
- Constant communication and collaboration with the 3D Modelers, environment artist and UI, as well as with the rest of the team.
- Identify and document the necessary materials for the realization of the works.
- We make games with a strong craftsmanship component to which all team members actively contribute.
- Work-life balance is something we respect, protect and encourage through flexible hours.
- We do not feed the crunch culture.
- Possibility of continuous working hours and flexible start times.
- Constant improvement of our tools and processes so you can focus on creativity.
- Excellent working environment in the company of qualified professionals, who will help you make the most of your potential.
- Salary according to experience and skills.
If you want to be part of our team, send us your CV and a link to your portfolio/reel to:
firstname.lastname@example.org // Subject: "[Concept Artist] - Candidate name".
* All samples received will be considered confidential.