We are looking for a Community Manager to join our team in Madrid, Spain to take care of our games and gamers community.
As Community Manager, you will be responsible for building relationships with community partners such as fan sites, players and influencers. Also will be the responsible for managing the communication in social media networks of Saber Interactive Spain.
Saber Interactive, together with THQ, Deep Silver, and Koch Media, is part of the Embracer Group. Our headquarter is in New Jersey, USA and we have several studios around the world, totaling to over 600 developers world-wide in Saber Interactive’s development studios alone. We have been developing games for almost 20 years and worked on top titles such as World War Z, Halo: The Master Chief Collection, NBA 2K Playgrounds 2, The Metro games and many, many more. No matter the genre, platform, or property, we bring AAA skill sets, cutting-edge technologies, and uncompromising inventiveness to everything we do. Our goal is to focus on extremely high-quality experiences that rival the best in the industry.
Our website is: http://www.saber3d.com
Send your application along with a project portfolio and/or coding samples to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the following subject line: Saber Interactive Spain - Community Manager
• 2+ years’ experience with social media and community management.
• Very good knowledge for managing social media networks.
• Be able to analyse and draw conclusions.
• Videogames lover.
• Very good level for spoken and written English (C1 minimum).
• Ability to plan and estimate your tasks and ensure timely delivery of work.
• Self-motivated and proactive with a strong work ethic, good collaboration skills
Design skills for editing promo images, trailers…
• Work closely with Saber Interactive’s community and marketing teams, to execute and collaborate with them in a common communication strategy for our games.
• Working in parallel closely with Madrid Studio’s directors to stablish a communication strategy for Saber Interactive Spain.
• Manage local platforms and social media channels.
• Plan and execute Community events.
• Opportunity to work with a great international team of professionals on the next generation of AAA titles
• Salary based on experience
• Permanent, full-time contract
• A good work environment
• Flexible working hours