Out of the Blue Games (https://outbluegames.com/) is a games company based in Madrid, Spain, developers of the award-winning game Call of the Sea. We are a group of veteran developers who want to live doing what they love most: games. After working together in several companies, we have decided to start a new adventure where we can develop our own ideas.
We would like to grow slowly, to keep a healthy environment of communication and transparency. We advocate for quality of life and respect for each and every one of us. We trust in the responsibility and experience of the team, and we work in an agile and goal-oriented way, enabling flexible schedules and work from home.
Our purpose is to make games with quality and attention to detail. We like to create coherent and lively stories, environments and worlds that resonate with our players. We want them to have fun, to feel, to experience those stories. And that together we can feel proud of our work.
We are looking for an experienced VR Gameplay Programmer who exhibits passion and curiosity in building complex gameplay systems with Unreal Engine. The role will be fully remote and to start in September.
• Excellent Knowledge of UE4: C++ and Blueprints
• Strong C++ skills
• Experience with VR projects (Gameplay, Systems, Performance)
• Excellent debugging skills
• Understanding of the code performance and memory-usage implications
• Excellent understanding of developing gameplay systems
• Comfortable prototyping and working with iterative development processes.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science and/or similar discipline or relevant work experience
• +5 years of experience in the video games industry with a track record of shipped projects
• At least 1 Published Game (PC or Console)
• High work ethic and self-motivation
• Analytical skills, creative thinking, and attention to details.
• Passion for Games
• Experience with developing tools and asset pipelines
• Knowledge of source control
• Experience with PC/Windows programming
• A track record involving VR development (Oculus Rift/Quest, HTC Vive, PSVR...) is a plus
• Availability in the EU timezone
• Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
• Collaborate with team members to build reliable bug-free gaming code
• Together with our design team, you will implement elements of gameplay with a strong focus on the player experience. You will develop and maintain the tools and systems necessary for designers to create puzzles and build complex gameplay mechanics.
• Create and maintain technical documentation
• Proactively identify and fix bugs and performance problems
• Debug and profile code on different game builds.
• Full time Permanent contract.
• Flexible schedule, core hours are 11am to 5pm CET
• Work from home (you will continue working from home post-covid).
• To start in September.
• A super nice work environment!