We’re looking for a highly motivated Technical Artist to help us create amazing games! While primarily an implementation role, this position provides an incredible opportunity to explore the many facets of game development including asset pipelines, optimization, proprietary tech development, and much more! The right person for this position is comfortable automatizing implementation tasks and has a passion for art and a knack for all things tech!
2Awesome Studio is an independent game development studio and indie publisher whose mission is to add awesomeness to reality by developing video games with new and addictive mechanics and finding games that are equally awesome to publish. No matter the genre, platform, or IP, we bring great ideas to life. Our teams work, among other titles, our new unannounced title, a 2D cyberpunk action platformer with a focus on combat and mobility, Aeon Drive, the Switch version of Othercide (a AAA game from Focus interactive), the Xbox one/Series X version of Alba: A Wildlife Adventure (by Ustwo games) and more…. for all major consoles and PC.
Our website is: http://www.2awesomestudio.com
Please send your application to: jobs at 2awesomestudio dot com, using the following subject line: 2Awesome Studio - Technical Artist
Join us and help us bring great ideas to life !
* Knowledge of both aesthetic and technical aspects of game art
* Experience in technical art on a team project
* Understanding of 2D & 3D asset workflows and optimization
* Experience with node graphs, VFX graphs, and particle systems
Experience in Unity and C#
* Understanding of real-time physically based materials & rendering (PBR)
* Understanding of the Unity and Unreal game engines
* Strong digital content creation skills (modelling, texturing, lighting)
* Knowledge of performance profiling and optimisation (CPU and/or GPU)
* Ability to adapt and learn new technology to find solutions
* The ability to manage large scale tasks across different pipelines and projects
* Superb attention to detail. Superb attention to detail. Did we say Superb attention to detail?
* Strong communication skills to collaborate with artists, engineers, etc.
* Passion for games and game development?
* Availability in the EU timezone
* Additional programming experiences that would facilitate production and integration of technical art and related tools
* Experience in shader programming (HLSL or GLSL)
* Experience in Unreal and C++
* Experience with procedural art tools like Houdini
* Shipped a commercially developed game
* Understanding of basic art fundamentals (Composition, Form Perspective, Anatomy, Value & Lighting)
* Understanding of game engines, pipelines, and processes
* Knowledge of programming languages such as C++ or C#
* Some familiarity with rigging and animation
* Traditional art skill
* Prototype, develop and improve art pipelines.
* Implement assets across various art pipelines
* Take direction and execute changes that ensure in-game assets hit the defined quality bar, have proper functionality, and meet optimization goals
* Optimise run-time performance of our games.
* Assist the programming team with implementing art-related tools and features.
* Take part in implementing in-house and outsourced art assets.
* Create shaders, effects, and procedural tools to facilitate various unique visual styles
* Communicate with all disciplines to resolve issues and improve game quality.
* A good working environment within a group of motivated colleagues
* Flexible schedule, core hours are 10am to 4pm CEST
* Horizontal and agile organization
* Passion for video games
* Full time, 36h week
* Weekly team building activities, such as playing games together or having remote social drinks.
And many more things that you will discover... join us to find out!