Baby Robot Games is looking for a 3D Level Designer to join our friendly and talented team at our Barcelona studio. We are working in partnership with a major international publisher to develop an original and exciting next-gen game ‘Project Atlas’ (working title), a 3rd person stealth game where you merge with shadows to traverse a futuristic world.
To apply, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject "Level Designer - Your name". IMPORTANT: We’ll not evaluate applicants that don’t follow these two steps. Don"t forget to add your CV and samples of your work. Applications from marginalized devs and people from diverse backgrounds are very appreciated!
As a Level Designer, you will be responsible for translating game and narrative design into playable and engaging maps and missions. You will be working closely with the rest of the team, especially our designer and environment artists, to create a cohesive universe. You"ll be proactive in communicating progress and solve problems to craft a good player experience.
1) Evaluation of portfolios received (deadline to submit your application: 14/09/2021).
2) Technical test for the top selected portfolios (1 week, details will be provided after stage 1).
3) Technical interview with the top candidates according to the technical test done by our Level Designer.
4) Team chat with the top candidates according to the technical interview, with the whole team.
5) Job incorporation, yay! :)
Unfortunately, due to the high level of applications we usually receive, we will not be able to reply and provide feedback to every candidate, only to those who reach stage 2. We are sorry about this.
- Creative and great sense of what makes a level engaging.
- Strong problem solving ability and technical know-how.
- Ability to take a task and run with it, working with production and other disciplines to execute on a vision.
- A positive attitude to work collaboratively in an open team environment, giving feedback and being open to receive and act on constructive criticism.
- Experience with any game engine (such as Unity or Unreal) and its scripting system.
- Basic understanding of planning and monitoring tools (Jira, Trello, etc).
- 1-2 years of previous professional experience.
- Experience working with Unity engine.
- Experience with Git / Sourcetree.
- Eye for art composition, architectural concepts, and an ability to create evocative shapes.
- Professional proficiency in English and Spanish.
- Produce and maintain level design documentation, including mission intentions and high-level concepts.
- Create level blockouts in collaboration with designers and environment artists.
- Implement gameplay scenarios in levels using specialized tools (Unity + Probuilder, scripting).
- Collaborate with all the team to drive a mission through the iterative process, from inception to final.
- Analyze and fix level design bugs in a timely manner.
- Analyze and iterate levels with playtesting sessions and feedback.
- Incorporation in October.
- Participate in the creation of an original next-gen (PC, Xbox Series X, PS5) game from the beginning until its launch.
- Participate in the design and brainstorming processes for this and other future games.
- Friendly and relaxed work environment to learn and grow together.
- Job in the center of Barcelona (once the sanitary situation allows it).