Koch Media GmbH
Koch Media is an international media company with more than 2000 employees worldwide. As a leading and independent producer and marketer of digital entertainment products in Europe and the USA, our business areas include the production of films and games, the purchase and sale of film license rights, the distribution of digital media products and games publishing under the Deep Silver label.
As (Senior) Engine Software Engineer (m/f/d) you will be developing applications, middleware, and integrations, which will be utilised by different game development studios. These middlewares will be used for various engines such as Unreal Engine, Unity, and custom/proprietary engines. They will also be utilised for different platforms such as next-generation consoles, mobile, and gaming-as-a-service.
Although this job is a remote position, you will still be working closely with your co-workers.
Furthermore, you will be interacting with both video game development teams and enterprise development teams.
You will be collaborating closely with the Head Game Technology, Business Analyst, and Project managers to ensure that projects are carried out from design throughout release/maintenance, according to their specifications and business requirements.
The more comprehensive your documents are to us, the better we can get a picture of you. You should upload at least one cover letter and your CV. Please refer to our online application form:
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science or related field
- At least 5 years of professional experience in C++
- At least 3 years of professional experience with Unreal Engine at engine level
- Professional experience with Unity
- Skills in both, low-level and high-level programming
- Knowledge of code implications on performance, memory, stack, heap, memory leaks
- Professional experience in profiling, performance, memory analysis
- Professional experience in cross-platform development
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to understand the technical points of view presented by the rest of the team
- Experience working with software development teams in an adaptive/agile environment
- Experience in profiling, performance tracking, debugging on consoles
- Experience in Glue Code
- Experience in dynamic scripting languages
- Knowledge in development with online systems
- Report to the Head Game Tech and Project Manager, and work with them to set task estimates, development milestones and deliverables
- Be capable of taking personal responsibility for resolving complex technical challenges presented by the projects
- Perform application analysis, software design, and implementation in native environments (Windows, Mac, Mobile, and consoles) and .NET, in close collaboration with other departments, business Analyst and Head Game Tech
- You will be expected to effectively interact with, supervise and guide juniors within your team
- Follow-through with the full software development life cycle, promote processes for improving analysis, design, programming, coding standards, reviews, profiling, tests, reports, deployment, and management of configuration and support
- You will have to ensure the quality, stability and performance of the software created
- Ability to maintain a broad vision, including architecture, development strategy and further research where necessary
- Maintain awareness of the current and future directions of the industry and associated technologies, and, where appropriate, makes recommendations for implementation of new/upgraded systems, technologies, and best practices
What we offer
- Employment in one of the most exciting industries in the world: the gaming, film and media industry
- A diverse and inclusive working environment, fostering a collaborative working atmosphere
- Fully remote opportunity to further support a sustainable and healthy work-life balance
- Wide range of training and development opportunities
- Opportunities to participate in team building events that may include travelling to the Headquarters in Munich, Germany or other locations
- Organisation wide promotions, allowing access to the latest games, films and other media from within the Embracer Group, which includes franchises such as: Metro, Saints Row, Dead Island, Borderlands, TimeSplitters, etc.)
What Is It Like To Work Here?
Would you like an inside look at who we are and what it is like to work with the Project Management and Engineering Teams? These seven statements define working with us at Koch Media.
1) We praise initiative
2) We like to overcome challenges and get things done
3) Communication is key
4) Decisions are driven by data
5) Every opinion is respected and valued
6) New Ideas are always welcome
7) Inspire others and create trust