We are hiring an Unreal Level Designer to produce levels for Novarama games. The ideal candidate has excellent spatial design skills and can create memorable areas and spaces for first person multiplayer games. He should be comfortable working and defining asset kits, designing navigation flows through the map, establishing visual & gameplay references, and liaising with the Game Design team to discuss resources, choke points, and spatial play patterns.
If you"re dedicated and ambitious, and have a good demo reel, Novarama is an excellent place to grow your career. Don"t hesitate to apply.
• Produce map white boxes
• Design visual themes and looks for game areas, indoors, outdoors, sci-fi
• Work with game designers to understand spatial gameplay patterns and how to embrace them
• Work with rendering programmers to ensure frame-rate is smooth
• Iteratively raise the quality via playtesting to reach an AAA-level experience
• Develop and adhere to quality review processes
• Oversee 3rd parties in the production of level assets
• Demonstrable experience as a level designer on similar projects (project details available under NDA)
• Ideally, excellent skills as an Unreal artist
• A good level design demo reel is a must
• Having a high level perspective & view of game levels when designing them.
• Novarama is currently working on military historical / realistic & sci-fi game worlds
• Fluent in English
• Plus: Excellent skills as a 3D artist using 3DStudio Max
• Plus: experience in multiplayer shooters & first person games in general
Based in Barcelona, Spain, Novarama is one of the most seasoned game development studios in South Europe. Founded in 2003, it has spent 9 years as a Sony exclusive studio, working on games such as the Invizimals saga (6 titles across 3 platforms). Novarama is PC/console only and focuses on hardcore game development using Unreal Engine. Since Covid, Novarama has moved to remote work, and thus we accept candidates with a desire to move to Spain as well as full-remote applicants in EU time zone and with an EU passport. The studio now is approximately 50 people and has ambitious plans to grow to +80 in the next 12 months due to exciting new projects and clients.