Data input/output (I/O) technicians are responsible for organising, transferring and storing the computer files and data for a VFX production company. They make logs of all of the files that they receive and perform quality control checks on these files to see if there are problems or if the files are corrupted. They use file transfer programs in order to perform their role.
• Excellent scheduling and task management skills
• Clear and strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• A professional and proactive attitude
• Working experience with Production-related applications is a plus: Shotgun
• Understanding of VFX Editorial & I/O workflows, and VFX processes (i.e., asset development, layout, mattepainting, animation, fx, lighting, and compositing).
• Basic understanding of system administration tools and processes.
• Willingness to work flexible hours, including weekends and/or evenings.
• 0-2 years of professional experience. If you have worked in VFX or Animation industries will be a plus.
• Knowledge of farm managing software such us Deadline, Tractor or Qube is a plus.
• Fluent Spanish and English language skills, spoken and in writing.
• Eligible to work in Spain.
? Scheduling, prioritizing and tracking I/O assignments.
? Oversee the organization of project drives and data ingestion.
? Receive client plates (turnover) via FTP or hard drives and organize accordingly.
? Quality control of all material entering and leaving the studio.
? Identifying and communicating with the CTO and the Production department any departmental pressure points, bottlenecks, and timeline adjustments.
? Coordinating and monitoring multiple projects and tasks effectively.
? Documenting departmental decisions and requests, and ensuring items are tracked and coordinated appropriately.
? Help monitoring, manage and keep the renderfarm running at maximum capacity following production needs.
? Monitor disk space usage and flag high disk or network usage over-night.