Job title: CTO - Chief Technology Officer
Location: Full-time, permanently remote (Spain)
We are looking for an inspiring professional with extensive technical knowledge for our CTO position.
They should be both a technology leader and a charismatic manager with a strategic mindset.
They will report to the CEO of the company and they need to either be based in Spain or willing to relocate, but the work is remote, so it’s not bound to any specific location within Spain.
The CTO is the company’s top technology executive, playing an integral role in the company’s strategic direction, development, and future growth.
They will see complexities in the business model and the market as challenges and opportunities for the organization and will have the ability, in conjunction with other senior managers within the company, to build and implement new strategies necessary to meet the needs of all stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in games development both in Unity and Unreal and leadership of high-performing teams. He or she needs to understand the production process of a game and the different aspects from A to Z on a technical level and should have experience with creating PC/Mobile/Console games.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate an intuitive sense of customer focus as well as a passion for nurturing talent and developing and training the next generation of senior leadership within the company.
Please include a cover letter in English with your application for this position.
- >=4 years of experience in Unity or Unreal as a game developer
- +2 years of experience as Lead Developer, Head of Development, or CTO in a gaming company.
- Hands-on experience with complex project management
- Demonstrable competence in promoting cooperation, alignment, and
diversity across teams
- Comfortable in fast-paced environments with multiple stakeholders
- Capability to mentor and inspire other team members
- Performance optimization experience
- Proficient English skills
- Passion for video games!
- Experienced with multiplayer gameplay systems, network replication, core engine, and Virtual Reality technologies
- Effective negotiation and vendor management skills
- Experience in Tools Development
- Experience working with Amazon Gamelift, Google Firebase and / or Microsoft Playfab
- Computer Science Degree or equivalent in experience
- Responsible for all development teams.
- Full accountability for all our games technology, architecture, and tech processes across multiple products and teams.
- Ensure excellent client experience and quality of our services.
- Lead technical design reviews to identify potential problems.
- Support the technical team, establish standard procedures and methodologies of work.
- Support the studio’s horizontal growth by performing technical interviews.
- Assessing the cost-effectiveness of projects and services, tracking potential risks.
- Maintaining reviews and inspections to ensure proper interpretation and execution of project requirements.
- Coordinate with leads and technical directors of each area to ensure alignment with our technology portfolio.
- Provide full support to teams when technical challenges are encountered.
- Find best practices to maintain and increase the productivity of the team.
- Create and oversee high-level KPIs.
- Join internal and external meetings as a Subject Matter Expert.
- Cooperate and coordinate with cross-functional teams in different areas of the organization and the Magic Media group.
- Collaborate with the Lead Developers to establish policies and training that enable the vertical growth of the team.
- Perform code reviews and mentor all team members, and help them to achieve higher levels of excellence.
- Maintain a broad view of emerging technologies and developments.
- Partner with production to remove blockers and consistently hit sprint goals.
- Permanently remote position from Spain
- An opportunity to hone and improve your skills by applying them to a diverse variety of engaging projects.
- Be part of an international Group with offices worldwide, including Starloop Studios, Cyrex, Magic Room, Magic Media, and Ringtail Studios.
- Career growth and development
- Working closely with a team of like-minded people in a fast-paced, multicultural environment
- Ongoing training and professional self-improvement opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- An inclusive culture and open communication