At Novarama we are looking for two junior Animators with potential for immediate hiring, due to the growth of the project. NO experience is required, making it an ideal place for people who want to enter the industry. We only require a good level of animation with 3DSMax, Maya refrain, since our entire pipeline is mainly Max.
If you’re dedicated and ambitious, Novarama is an excellent place to grow your career. Don’t hesitate to apply.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good working knowledge of Animation techniques which can be applied to create good quality work
- Willingness to develop an understanding of how other disciplines interact with Animation
- Ability to work on animations from concept, through source and implement into engine
- Bachelor’s degree in Animation, Art or other relevant training
- Good working knowledge of industry standard animation software such as 3DS Max & Unreal Engine is desirable
- Familiarity with data management software (such as Plastic) is desirable
- Knowledge of the video game industry and awareness of typical video game development processes is desirable
- Experience in hand-keyed animation
Develop and maintain knowledge from the Game Design documents
- Follow Animation direction to realise the expected quality in fluidity, uniformity, justice etc.
- Use the 3D models and rigs provided to create animations using the chosen style
- Build relationships with Animators, Designers and Programmers in order to best deliver your work while understanding technical constraints
- Work within the scheduled time allocated for your work following the priorities established by the Lead Animator
- Respond quickly to changing requirements and feedback
- Understand and follow best practices, production pipelines and workflows
- Keep your understanding and knowledge within Animation up-to-date with industry standards in this evolving field
- Optimise your work to adhere to the technical requirements of the game and the consoles use
- Check your work in-game and through regular playing help identify improvements, consistency and optimisations that can be made
- Correct animation bugs as entered in the database for example with weight perception problems, discontinuity of movement etc
- Document and archive your work regularly
Having the opportunity to work at a video game company which has a long history of working with major publishers and to work with industry veterans.