Out of the Blue Games (https://outbluegames.com/) is a games company based in Madrid, Spain, developers of the award-winning game Call of the Sea. We are a group of veteran developers who want to live doing what they love most: games. After working together in several companies, we have decided to start a new adventure where we can develop our own ideas
We would like to grow slowly, to keep a healthy environment of communication and transparency. We advocate for quality of life and respect for each and every one of us. We trust in the responsibility and experience of the team, and we work in an agile and goal-oriented way, enabling flexible schedules and work from home.
Our purpose is to make games with quality and attention to detail. We like to create coherent and lively stories, environments, and worlds that resonate with our players. We want them to have fun, to feel, to experience those stories. And that together we can feel proud of our work.
We’re looking for a highly creative and motivated Unreal Engine Environment and Lighting Artist to join the team.
• Proficient in Unreal Engine 4
• Skilled in Dressing, World Building and Lighting
• A strong sense for composition, colour and light
• Knowledge of Performance optimization and Profiling
• +3 years of experience in video game production with a track record of shipped projects
• Must show a portfolio
• Knowledge of modelling tools such as 3D Studio
• Knowledge of UE4 Materials
• Flexible in adapting to different art styles
• Knowledge of video game art standards in general
• High level of English, spoken and written
• Working together with the art director and team in the creation of high quality environments to establish an iconic look for our world within the parameters set forth by our game designers
• Work hand in hand with a team of designers and artists to develop levels from prototype to completion using the assets provided by the art department and based on concepts, 3D mock-ups and specifications.
• Ensure that the performance of the scenarios is in optimal conditions
• Respond effectively to changes posed by feedback
• Full time Permanent contract.
• Flexible schedule, core hours are 11am to 5pm CET
• Work from home (you will continue working from home post-covid).
• To start immediately.
• A super nice work environment!