Synergy Games is a blockchain gaming studio looking for an Experienced Game Designer with excellent combat design skills to join our team.
We are developing Synergy Land, a blockchain multiplayer ARPG game, set in a fantasy world divided into four ecosystems, with NFTs and a blockchain-enhanced economy.
Inspired by popular games, such as Diablo and Path Of Exile, the game aims to combine the best of these worlds where regular and hardcore players will enjoy the gameplay experience as well as an ecosystem for players who want to collect and trade NFTs, giving to the community true ownership of digital assets.
Synergy Games is a newly created studio established by professionals with more than 15 years of experience in the video game industry. We have worked for companies such as Ubisoft, 2K Games, MercurySteam, Ilion Studios, Konami, Nintendo, Riot Games and Pyro Studios
We bring many years of experience in AAA games into the blockchain world, creating a new way to play games as Play to Earn model provides the community with a way to earn real money while enjoying their favorite game
As a Senior Game Designer you will be responsible for creating a high quality, exciting and accessible combat system that will provide players with countless hours of enjoyment
- Around 4+ years of industry experience as a Game Designer.
- Shipped at least 1 title as Gameplay Designer
- Experience designing a range of combat abilities for the game’s roster of characters
- Unreal Engine experience is highly desirable
- Experience working with Unreal Blueprints
- Experience of prototyping gameplay mechanics using UE4
- Experience mentoring junior team members and providing clear and considered feedback.
- Experience working in all phases of game development, from feature design and implementation to bug-fixing.
- A deep understanding of all aspects of design including; feedback, controls, balance, narrative, game-feel, retention, usability, on-boarding, social mechanics
- Maintain gameplay systems such as enemy combat, traversal, abilities, and other core gameplay systems
- Collaborate and work closely with Programming and Art teams to develop, iterate, tune and polish gameplay systems
- Knowledge of industry trends in regard to genres, gameplay, development models, and financial models
- A passion for making and playing games
- Be a positive and proactive team member in the gameplay development process with a keen eye for detail
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a team
- Serve as an active participant in team discussions, critiques, and reviews
- Meet production schedules and deadlines
- Remote work
- Bonus system
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible holiday policy
- Highly competitive salary
Our Core Values
- Synergy is critical when creating a workplace, key to a diverse and inclusive team, and is the fundamental principle behind our player-driven approach.
- We are transparent and honest at the highest possible level. Together we make smarter and more creative decisions.
- We have a clear vision of the game we want to do. Creating a great game is based on transparency, honesty, and mutual respect.
- We will solve our problems through thoughtful, logical and reasonable discussions.
If you think you fit the position we offer, please apply and we will get in touch with you.