Mediatonic is the game developer behind Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout and a new member of the Epic Games family. We’re aiming to build "the Greatest Gameshow on Earth" as part of our mission to connect people through massively multiplayer game experiences.
We take pride in crafting original titles that bring people together. Our quest is to create joyful experiences that are open to all by investing in the ideas, technologies, and people that can bring our vision to life.
We’re looking for talented people to join our world-class team to grow Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout into an entertainment platform and to nurture the other equally ambitious titles we’re dreaming up.
What You"ll Do:
We’re looking for an exceptionally talented Senior Level Designer to join our Fall Guys game team - helping to produce new stages for our players to fail in spectacularly.
Ideally, you’ll have a wealth of experience in 3D level design, some shipped products and work to point to, and a passion for producing best-in-class content that can inspire and elevate the work of everyone around them.
As a Senior Level Designer at Mediatonic you’ll be sat at the heart of the team, producing regular new stages and working closely with your lead and other disciplines to ensure they’re of the highest quality by the time they reach our players.
You are the architect behind the game’s most critical content; responsible for ensuring it is built efficiently and to the highest possible standards.
- Industry experience and at least 1 shipped title that featured a multiplayer component, worked on from beginning to end
- Level creation experience in a 3D engine, preferably Unity or Unreal
- The ability to work within constraints and to specific briefs
- Superior communication skills
- Can work independently and unsupervised to a high standard
- A good understanding of level design fundamentals and good practice
- The ability to work openly with their team and other disciplines
- The ability to mentor and manage the time of more junior team members
- Designing the core playable content (stages, puzzles, challenges) for your project - make things fun with the tools at your disposal
- Liaising closely with your Leads to identify and prioritize feature work essential for creating content of sufficient quality and variety
- Meet with key team members to ensure that everyone understands the goal and plan for a content design before its implementation
- Set the standard and hold the internal vision for what elevates the content in your project and evangelize this throughout the team, especially more junior level designers
- Create high level overviews of new content and concepts to quickly convey ideas both internally and externally, ideally using quick visualization tools (Sketch-Up/Pro-builder)
- Seek efficiency where possible; look to save time through natural cross-over, reuse or alignment of functionality and content across the game
- Continuously look for ways to improve or expand on the game experience through creating ideas for new mechanics or features.
- Play a key role in designing and developing custom level editing tools and basic scripting, feeding back, and pushing for greater efficiency in these tools across the team
- Troubleshoot and help solve design and content challenges or problems that arise during the game development process
We not only offer you the chance to work with fantastic teams, on awesome and inspiring projects, we also offer industry leading salaries, flexible working hours including remote working and other benefits such as private healthcare and dental care.