We’re looking for a Level Artist to join our team in Madrid, Spain.
As a Level Artist, you’ll be responsible for creating 3D environments the player will be exploring and facing challenges. You will require prior experience working with Unreal Engine 4 as you will be asked to build up a playable and modular/scalable level to generate interesting paths the player will have to face and go through.
Saber Interactive is one of the world’s leading independent developers of interactive games and entertainment, with an unrivaled ability to deliver on a wide range of concepts. Founded in 2001 with its headquarter in New Jersey, Saber has grown into one of the largest and longest-standing developers of interactive games with offices in the US, Spain and Eastern Europe. It is one of the few remaining independent game studios producing AAA content. No matter the genre, platform, or property, we bring AAA skill sets, cutting-edge technologies, and uncompromising inventiveness to everything we do. Our goal is to focus on extremely high-quality experiences that rival the best in the industry. Our teams work, among other titles, on Evil Dead, Quake Champions, World War Z and developed and published NBA Playgrounds and NBA 2K Playgrounds 2 for all major consoles and PC.
Our website is: http://www.saber3d.com
Please include in your application a portfolio. Applications without a portfolio cannot be considered.
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the following subject line: Saber Interactive Spain - Level Artist
• Experience in game engines, such as Unreal Engine or Unity.
• Strong understanding of PBR materials.
• Experience in realistic modeling/texturing workflows for environment (modular kits, tileables, Custom Normals, trims & full bake knowledge required).
• Comprehensive knowledge in software applications such as Autodesk 3D Studio Max, Autodesk Maya, ZBrush, Substance Painter / Designer and Adobe Photoshop.
• Strong understanding of 3D optimization techniques.
• Eager to learn new techniques and software.
• Level Design knowledge.
• Experience in shader creation for Unreal.
• Experience with Houdini.
• Experience as an artist in the game industry.
• Good communication skills in English and Spanish.
• University degree or equivalent in Art.
• Integrate content in game engine.
• Work on World Building.
• Lighting locations.
• Create optimized assets and environments from concepts by using the latest industry tools and workflow approaches in a clean and optimized way.
• Be a team player sharing content with colleagues and following Leads and Designers guidance to generate immersive areas.
• Be proactive communicating the team where are you up to so that the department can keep consistency along the level.
• Be able to receive and provide critique at a professional level.
• Opportunity to work with a great international team of professionals on the next generation of AAA titles
• Salary based on experience
• Permanent, full-time contract
• A good work environment
• Flexible working hours
• Hybrid working model
• Fresh fruit, coffee and beverages at the office
Saber Interactive Spain is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace, especially to gender equality. We prohibit discrimination and harassment based on race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. Saber Interactive Spain makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.