We are seeking a full-time Unity developer to join us revolutionize the market of immersive live sports streaming. As a Unity developer in YBVR, you will be a key builder helping us build high performance Unity-based SDKs and applications for immersive video targeting cutting edge VR headsets, Android and iOS.
The ideal candidate will have experience building Unity applications that employ video playback, streaming and 3D graphics, taking existing codebases in order to evolve them, communicating effectively as part of a team of both technical and non-technical audiences, and have a strong focus on high-performance and optimization. As part of the startup environment, this position is best suited for highly motivated self-starters, who can translate business requirements into application architectures and software features and eager to dig deep into the technical aspects of a solution to extract performance.
YBVR(http://www.ybvr.com) brings emotions closer to the live events fans. YBVR is a Silicon Valley based technology start-up building the next generation of live immersive video experiences VR/360, unleashing the potential of immersive broadcasting disruption, by providing unparalleled immersive experiences to the sport fans and concerts fans connected from anywhere with any device: mobile, web or XR devices.
YBVR has a solid track record in Immersive Sports since 2017. Among others, Real Madrid, Australian Open tennis, Winter X Games, Euroleague Basketball, Fan Controlled Football League, Verizon, Singtel and Telefonica, already trust YBVR as immersive technology partner.
YBVR is an exciting environment, always in construction, re-invented everyday by the most dynamic and sometimes crazy team of very solid professionals who are transforming an industry out of our passion for the challenging immersive video streaming world and the Sport/Music tech.
YBVR HQ is based in San Jose, CA, with R&D Center based in Madrid and commercial teams in Japan and Singapore.
• Experience building software with Unity (games or apps), ideally that are consumer facing and content driven
• 1+ years’ experience in software development
• Solid understanding of the full software development life cycle
• Ability to write documented, unit testable, C# code
• Knowledge on developing Unity apps for mobile platforms (Android, iOS)
• Strong attention to detail, rigorous in self-testing code and delivering high quality work
• Fluent english speaker
• BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, related degree, or relevant professional experience
• 3+ years’ experience in Unity development
• Experience with video and streaming technologies
• Experience developing mobile applications(iOS and/or Android)
• Experience with rapid prototyping
• Experience with 3D/Shader/OpenGL
• Experience with Unity Editor programming
• Familiarity working in a scrum/agile environment
• Experience developing Unity apps for mobile platforms (Android and iOS)
• Experience with Android Java Object Unity interface is a plus
• Work closely with a dedicated team to develop 360 video focused applications
• Develop new features, reusable components, and documentation as requested by the team lead
• Participate in team cross training, code reviews, and mentoring of more junior developers
• Coordinate with your team to define development timeframes, dependencies, and areas of risk to be considered in project planning
• Prototype ideas into self-contained demos
• Hybrid work (1-2 days per week). Semi-remote work is a possibility
• Medical insurance