Are you passionate about the Warhammer universe? Do you love gaming, specially strategy card games? If so, then we are looking for you!
We are looking for a game designer with expertise in card game mechanics, to join the team working on the upcoming title Warhammer 40,000: Warpforge. The role will involve working on the design of all the core mechanics of the game, with a particular focus on the design of the card mechanics, to ensure they are fun to play, balanced and representative of each faction’s unique characteristics. It will also involve close collaboration with the rest of the design team and with the art and programming teams, to create a coherent and engaging game.
Required Application Materials:
- CV in English.
- Cover Letter which should include:
a) Why you are interested in working at Everguild.
b) A new feature or mechanic proposal for “The Horus Heresy: Legions” game, explaining why it would be fun.
Please send your application to email@example.com. Remember to include the position that you are applying for and your availability.
What we seek:
- 3+ years of experience as a Games Designer, with relevant experience working on card games in particular.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Game Design or an equivalent.
- Excellent understanding of game system design and how to document it and bring it to life.
- Passion for strategy card games, with in-depth knowledge of different major physical or digital card games.
- Excellent analytical and written communication skills.
- Deep familiarity with the Warhammer 40,000 universe and experience playing “Horus Heresy: Legions”.
Extra Awesome points for:
- Experience with Unity engine.
What you’ll do:
- Research and understand in depth the underlying IP to be able to represent its lore, armies, characters and storyline through the game and card mechanics.
- Design the card list for each army, including the names and abilities for each card, any new game mechanics, etc.
- Collaborate with the art team to define the required artwork to match each card.
- Document the detailed behavior of each mechanic to assist the programming team in its implementation.
- Collaborate with the game design team to plan, design and execute a roadmap of time-limited in-game events and new content releases.
- Work closely with the design and QA teams to ensure the cards and mechanics are thoroughly tested and play-tested.
Joining Everguild you can expect:
- Full-time employment with competitive salary, based on experience.
- Work-Life Balance: Flexible working times and places, such as working remotely.
- Private health and dental care package.
- A pivotal role in a fast-growing company.