We’re looking for a 3D Environment Artist to join our team in Madrid, Spain.
As a 3D Environment Artist, you’ll be responsible for creating compelling realistic 3D models and modular kits as well as integrating them into our game engine. Our team works with Unreal Engine 5, so besides being able to quickly adapt to new technologies and engines, the position requires experience with a real-time engine such as Unreal Engine 4 or Unity. Experience in Unreal Engine and its shader/material system along with experience in performance optimization is a plus, as well as knowledge about foliage and vegetation creation.
Saber Interactive is a U.S.-based developer and publisher of video games. Consisting of over 20 studios and more than 2,500 employees worldwide, we are one of the key operative business units of Embracer Group, which is one of the biggest videogame companies in the world with around 14000 employees.
Creating and/or publishing games for all major platforms based on original and licensed IPs, Saber’s current and upcoming titles include Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine 2, World War Z, Evil Dead: The Game, SnowRunner and A Quiet Place. Founded in 2001, Saber is also known for two decades of development partnerships with AAA publishers, producing The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt for Nintendo Switch, Halo: The Master Chief Collection, Crysis Remastered, and many others.
Our website is: http://www.saber3d.com
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org , using the following subject line: Saber Interactive Spain - 3D Environment Artist.
Please, include in your application a portfolio that shows examples of your work as a 3D artist and a CV with your related experience within real-time 3D engines. Applications without a portfolio cannot be considered. Cover and recommendation letters will be positively considered.
• Experience in realistic modeling/texturing workflows for environment (Organic and hardsurface, modular kits, tileables, Custom Normals, trims & full bake knowledge required).
• Strong understanding of PBR materials.
• Experience in game engines, such as Unreal Engine or Unity.
• Comprehensive knowledge in software applications such as Autodesk 3D Studio Max, Autodesk Maya, Blender, ZBrush, Substance Painter / Designer and Adobe Photoshop.
• Strong understanding of 3D optimization techniques (Lods, custom collisions, impostors).
• Eager to learn new techniques and software.
• Experience as an artist in the Game Industry, Simulators, 3d Image, CGI industry or similar.
• Has shipped AAA quality project on current or next generation consoles / PC.
• Good communication skills in English and Spanish.
• University degree or equivalent in Art, demonstrable experience in the form of portfolio.
• Create realistic exceptional assets and environments from concepts by using the latest industry tools and workflow approaches in a clean and optimized way.
• Integrate content in game engine. Set dressing.
• Be a team player sharing content with colleagues and following Leads and Designers guidance to generate immersive areas.
• Be able to receive and provide critique at a professional level.
• Opportunity to work with a great international team of professionals on the next generation of AAA titles
• Salary based on experience
• Permanent, full-time contract
• Flexible working hours
• Hybrid working model
• Fresh fruit, coffee and beverages at the office
Saber Interactive Spain is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace, especially to gender equality. We prohibit discrimination and harassment based on race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. Saber Interactive Spain makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.