We are seeking a full-time Unity developer to join us revolutionize the market of immersive live sports streaming. As a Unity developer in YBVR, you will be a key builder helping us build high performance Unity-based SDKs and applications for immersive video targeting cutting edge VR headsets, Android and iOS.
The ideal candidate will have experience building Unity applications that employ video playback, streaming and 3D graphics, taking existing codebases in order to evolve them, communicating effectively as part of a team of both technical and non-technical audiences, and have a strong focus on high-performance and optimization. As part of the startup environment, this position is best suited for highly motivated self-starters, who can translate business requirements into application architectures and software features and eager to dig deep into the technical aspects of a solution to extract performance.
• Experience building software with Unity (games or apps), ideally that are consumer facing and content driven.
• Solid understanding of the full software development life cycle.
• Ability to write documented, unit testable, C# code.
• Knowledge on developing complex Unity applications strongly based in UI and UX.
• Strong attention to detail, rigorous in self-testing code and delivering high quality work.
• Fluent english speaker.
• 1+ years’ experience in Unity development.
• BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, related degree, or relevant professional experience.
• Experience with video and streaming technologies.
• Experience developing standalone VR applications.
• Experience with rapid prototyping
• Experience with 3D/Shader/OpenGL
• Experience optimizing performance in Unity applications that might run in low-end devices.
• Familiarity working in a scrum/agile environment.
• Experience with Android Java Object Unity interface or native imports.
• Experience developing data-based applications in Unity with responsive UIs.
• Work closely with a dedicated team to develop video-centric immersive experiences.
• Develop new features, reusable components, and documentation as requested by the team lead.
• Coordinate with your team to define development timeframes, dependencies, and effort.
• Investigate technology trends to outline their implementation path considering technological challenges and product priorities.
• Continuous improvement of the product with special focus in performance, quality, and scalability.
• Prototype ideas into self-contained demos, robust enough to become final features.
• Hybrid work scheme (mix office and work-from-home)
• Real startup environment