We are a remote team on a mission to change the world through video games. As a Lead 3D Artist, you will design and implement content creation workflows, manage a small team, create hero assets, and provide feedback and mentorship to other artists.
Your work will have an immense impact across the globe, and will be seen and admired by over 200 million players.
- At least 6 years’ experience as a 3D Artist and ideally a first experience as a Lead
- An excellent knowledge on to develop a game, the constraints and the interactions between all the trades of the production
- Experience mentoring artists and helping them in their desired career growth
- Proficiency working with Unity and Maya
- Ability to hand paint stylized textures in Photoshop
- Exhibit a strong understanding of broad 3D and game development fundamentals
- Knowledge of color theory and the ability to create balanced and appealing color palettes
- Comfortable and familiar with version control (Plastic or Git)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated history of working in a stylized low poly workflow
- Ability to onboard and work remotely
- You have a great team spirit and you are proactive.
- A good art perception
- A professional English proficiency
- Please provide CV & Portfolio / Work samples
- Strong background in mobile technologies (e.g., iOS, Android)
- Experience shipping cross-platform 3D games (e.g., PC, Console, Mobile)
- Broad cross-disciplinary work experience (e.g., animation, rigging, concept, shaders, lighting, optimization, and level design)
- Experience helping develop tools and pipelines to help speed up art creation and integration
Under the responsibility of the Producer and with the support of the Art and Creative Direction, you will be in charge of:
- Provide critical feedback and assist with artists mentorship to expand their skill set, maintaining aesthetic consistency and technical quality throughout the whole development process.
- Lead and drive the production of 3D assets from project inception to completion. Daily management of the art team: ensuring cohesive leadership, assigning tasks, controlling quality and progress, and improving technical level.
- Develop, maintain, manage and iterate asset creation workflows. Write technical documentation with requirements for the artistic production of the game.
- Model, texture, rig and animate stylized hero low-poly assets (props, environment, characters) and hand paint textures from concepts, references or sketches.
- Participate together with Lead Developers and Technical Artists for the creation of the workflow and tools needed to complete the art production successfully and build the art direction of the project, working closely with Art Direction and technical artists.
- Monitor the integration of art content into the Unity development engine along with developers and technical artists and define new elements as needed.
- Creating benchmark to define the expected level of graphical quality in the game in collaboration with the lead game designer and the lead level designer (technical limitations, scales, narrative content, compositions, gameplay).
- Having a relentless eye for detail it is a crucial soft skill. Ability to understand what is considered "high quality" and help convey and maintain that quality standard throughout the whole production chain and across all artists in your team.
- People skills and excellent communication skills, in Spanish and English. Able to work as a team player and lead by example. Assist in recruiting artists when necessary.
SUBARA aims to change the world, and such an ambitious goal can only be achieved with a diverse, professional, organized, efficient and autonomous team that believes in our goals as much as we believe in our team.
We want to be an active part of your growth as a person, and we will provide you with the right tools to thrive as a professional while maintaining the necessary balance between your personal and professional life.
At SUBARA we make sure that our team maintains a balance between work and personal life. We self-finance our productions, we do not depend on publishers and for us there is no crunch.