DigiPen Institute of Technology Europe-Bilbao, a North American university based in Bilbao, is seeking an experienced instructor or professional in-person to lead the development and execution of 3D animation projects using Maya for its students. The candidate must also have knowledge of 3D modeling, rigging, and extensive experience in render farms.
Previous experience working in schools, universities specializing in animation and video game development, or related master's programs and interacting with students will be positively valued.
There is a possibility of a full-time position. Remote or online-only candidates will not be accepted. The successful candidate will be introduced to the university by colleagues who will guide them appropriately to understand the daily production and operations.
• Minimum 4 years of work experience in the 3D animation industry
• Fluent level of English
• Advanced knowledge of Maya (especially modeling and texturing)
• Knowledge of Arnold rendering engines
• Experience in managing render farms
• Possess a Bachelor's degree, Master's degree, or equivalent, preferably in art, digital media, interactive arts, digital communications, animation, or related fields.
• Experience in leading multidisciplinary teams, coordinating pre-production, 3D production, and rendering
• Strong planning skills with attention to detail
• Excellent communication and coordination skills with all departments
• Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Extremely proactive with a problem-solving attitude and a constant focus on improving processes.
• Familiarity with 3DS Max or Blender
• Familiarity with Photoshop, After Effects, and Substance
• Possessing a Doctorate
• Having teaching experience or having taught for at least 2 years (in schools, universities specializing in animation and video games, or related master's programs).
• Develop and deliver engaging course materials and lectures
• Evaluate student performance and provide feedback
• Mentor and guide students in their academic and professional growth
• Collaborate with fellow faculty members to improve curriculum
• Participate in research projects, conferences, and workshops
• Competitive Salary commensurate to experience/skills.
• Flexible hours with possibility to work remote some days of the week.
• Academic schedule with vacation days in Christmas, Easter and full month of August.
• A good working environment within a group of like-minded individuals