El Ranchito is currently looking for a qualified Senior Asset Artist to join us at our Madrid facility as soon as possible.
Assets Artists are responsible for the production of highly accurate and efficient CG models for use in high-end visual effects series and films. Modellers will work from reference which may include photographs, scan data, blueprints and/or concept designs.
- A good working knowledge of Maya
- Creative, resourceful and with strong spatial awareness
- Very strong polygonal subdivision modelling skills
- Efficient with layout of UVs and awareness of texture requirements
- Able to interpret and follow reference material to create clean, highly detailed and accurate models
- Ability to establish priorities and multi-task efficiently within a high-pressure environment
Fluent Spanish and English language skills, spoken and in writing
- Eligible to work in Spain
- Creating models as briefed and/or in line with reference materials
- Assisting in the creation of visual assets
- Presenting models for progress review to Leads, Supervisors and clients
- Ensuring consistency of UV mapping
- Designing and developing from concept art to final product
- Creating organic and hard surface models
- Communicating with other departments and production in order to ensure that the model meets relevant requirements
- Making changes or updates to models as required
- Ongoing communication with Production and Leads regarding schedules and deadlines
- Staying on schedule and meeting set deadlines while maintaining the highest levels of quality
What can we offer you?:
- El Ranchito Benefits: We offer you a Flexible Retribution System which adapts employee salaries to their personal needs, offering our employees the possibility of receiving part of one’s salary in restaurant vouchers, public transport, childcare, and/or private health insurance.
- El Ranchito gives you the opportunity to work on international and national projects for feature films and TV Series of different platforms such us Netflix, HBO, Apple TV, Disney+, etc. You can learn about some of our current projects in the «In Production» section of our website.
- We offer a competitive salary depending on the market rely and personal background, skills, and experience.
- An excellent work environment
- Team-building events
- Physiotherapy at the office for an exceptionally low price
- Last but not least, free coffee and fruit in our offices!
El Ranchito is the most awarded VFX company in Spain, with ¿an Emmy, six VES and an HPA?. We’ve worked in so many popular projects such Game of Thrones, Stranger Things, Mandalorian and many more. We keep working on the best international projects, in Spanish ¿and European? environment. We have two amazing offices, located in the heart of Madrid and Barcelona.
It is an amazing time to join El Ranchito because right now we are part of the Pitch Black group, which places us in a privileged position in the Spanish industry. The Black company is made up so far of Fuse FX, Rising Sun Pictures, Folks, and El Ranchito, and we are in many parts of the world such Australia, Canada, Colombia, and Spain.
El Ranchito celebrates diversity and believes in creating an environment where all our team feels welcomed and comfortable. We value open minds and encourage our team to be respected, supported and appreciated. We define ourselves by the quality of our work, striving to build a workplace experience that is second to none.
If interested, please apply through the following link: https://jobs.elranchito.es/jobs/2652734-senior-assets-artist