EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, EA Sports FC soccer, NHL® hockey, and EA SPORTS UFC.
The Outsourcing Artist is a creative role focusing on character art content with external vendors for the Tiburon Art department. You will work with the Character Directors and other Outsourcing Artists to manage vendor assets. You will take part in art content reviews, providing content quality feedback, and working with the internal and external teams to finalize art content. You will report to our Development Director for the project.
- Review and provide feedback on external art content (focus on in-game characters, heads, Uniforms, gear, and apparels etc.)
- Experience with human anatomy and likenesses
- Experience with edge loop placement for deformation with FACS driven facial rigs
- Document existing pipelines.
- Create quality visual targets with the support of the Character Director.
- Provide prototype meshes with accurate scale and pivot placement, with understanding of the technical constraints, including vert count management, material setup, and PBR texture creation.
- Collects approved references.
- In partnership with Authenticity producer, Character Director, and Development Director, create briefs and organize packages for external production.
- Communicate cross-discipline with artists, level designers, game designers, and production to understand needs and goals of content being created.
- Finalize assets by making visual and technical adjustments in engine.
- Participate in relevant art review meetings.
- Help coordinate vendor communication to the internal team.
- Support external art training and documentation
- 3-5 years of 3D experience
- Experience with technical hurdles, influence further art quality, and excellent communication skills
- Expertise in modeling & texturing in-game characters, heads, Uniforms, gear, and apparel
- Understanding of industry standards, 3D applications, general workflows with Maya, Zbrush, Substance Painter
- Experience working with physically based rendering
- History of working within game engine constraints to achieve visual and technical quality
- Understanding of best practices including providing feedback
- Driven with the ability to collaborate effectively within a team