El Ranchito is looking for a qualified Senior CFX TD to join our team as soon as possible.
Under the supervision of the Characters Supervisor, the Creature FX TD is responsible for providing a wide variety of dynamic simulations and rigs for photo-realistic creatures.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in the industry
• Previous experience on CG creature projects
• Excellent knowledge of Houdini
• Programming experience with Python and VEX
• Knowledge of 3D-related mathematics, an asset
• Experience in creating rig simulations
• Rigging skills and experience
• Work ethic focused on the dynamism and collaboration
• Ability to perform multiple tasks set priorities and problem solving
• Good communication, organizational, time management and interpersonal skills.
• Able to communicate effectively across multiple teams
• Fluent Spanish and English language skills, spoken and in writing
• Eligible to work in Spain
• Develop simulation setups for photo-realistic creatures; including clothing, fur, hair, muscle and skin.
• Involvement in the development of departmental tools and techniques
• Regularly communicating with Production and Leads regarding schedules and deadlines
• To be able to work with the visual effects supervisor, and the CG lead and Characters supervisor artist to determine the best creative approaches and techniques for all the different steps in a 3D production pipeline.
• Be able to deliver work within established project targets and the high quality standards of the company.
What can we offer you?
• El Ranchito Benefits: We offer you a Flexible Retribution System which adapts employee salaries to their personal needs, offering our employees the possibility of receiving part of one’s salary in restaurant vouchers, public transport, childcare, and/or private health insurance.
• El Ranchito gives you the opportunity to work on international and national projects for feature films and TV Series of different platforms such us Netflix, HBO, Apple TV, Disney+, etc. You can learn about some of our current projects in the "In Production" section of our website.
• We offer a competitive salary depending on the market rely and personal background, skills, and experience.
• An excellent work environment
• Team-building events
• Physiotherapy at the office for an exceptionally low price
• Last but not least, free coffee and fruit in our offices!
• Flexible working hours of 35 hours per week, ranging from 10am to 6pm
• 22 working days of holiday per year, plus regional holidays
It is an amazing time to join El Ranchito because right now, as a part of the Pitch Black group, places us in a privileged position in the industry which no other VFX company from Spain has been in before. The Pitch Black Company, made up so far of Fuse FX, Rising Sun Pictures, Folks, and now, El Ranchito, has more than 1,400 employees worldwide, spread across the world, with offices in Los Angeles, New York, Atlanta, Vancouver, Montreal, Toronto, Saguenay, Adelaide, Brisbane, Bogota, Madrid, and Barcelona. This a big step for a company like El Ranchito, which offers our employees new opportunities in internal promotion, resources, or mobility between offices in the future and, of course, more fabulous projects, if possible.