We’re looking for a UI Technical Artist to join our team in Madrid, Spain.
As a UI Artist you will responsible for the integration, animation and linking of UI elements and menus in our games. Also, you will create compelling particle systems and effects and integrate them into our games. Your primary tool will be UMG from Unreal Engine 4 and experience with this tool is a requirement for this position. You’ll also create UI related Blueprints and support the 2D artists with creating appealing, readable and functional UI assets. For the integration you’ll have to work closely with the gameplay programmers.
Saber Interactive is a U.S.-based developer and publisher of video games. Consisting of over 20 studios and more than 2,500 employees worldwide, we are one of the key operative business units of Embracer Group, which is one of the biggest videogame companies in the world with around 14000 employees.
Creating and/or publishing games for all major platforms based on original and licensed IPs, Saber’s current and upcoming titles include Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine 2, World War Z, Evil Dead: The Game, SnowRunner and A Quiet Place. Founded in 2001, Saber is also known for two decades of development partnerships with AAA publishers, producing The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt for Nintendo Switch, Halo: The Master Chief Collection, Crysis Remastered, and many others.
Our website is: http://www.saber3d.com
Apply at https://saber-interactive-spain.jobs.personio.com/
• Minimum 1 year of experience as UI artist.
• Throughout understanding of UI, UI-Flow, UX and how to bring it to life with the help of the Unreal Engine.
• Experience with Unreal Engine 5, especially with UMG, SLATE and the Blueprint System.
• Experience with Unreal Engine 5, creation of complex shaders, effects and optimization.
• Experience with Adobe Photoshop and other relevant tools.
• Experience with 2D animations related to UI elements and effects.
• Knowledge of Photoshop, Adobe After Effects, and Substance Designer.
• Experience building all aspects of the game graphic interface/UI construction, animation and motion graphics.
• University degree or equivalent in Art
• Experience with Logo design and creation.
• Experience with Font creation.
• Experience with relevant tools.
• Experience with the development of game consoles, such as PS4 and Xbox One.
• Good communication skills in English and Spanish.
• Integration of menus and UI elements into our games according to the given design.
• Design and design feedback on UI elements and incorporate state-of-the-art UX research and design.
• Support the gameplay programmers and game designers with UX design feedback.
• Keen eye for detail and ability to break down existing effects in games.
• Create animations and transitions to enhance the user experience in the interface.
• Opportunity to work with a great international team of professionals on the next generation of AAA titles.
• Salary based on experience.
• Permanent, full-time contract.
• On-site work in our office in Alcobendas, Madrid.
• A good and young work environment.
• Flexible working hours.
• Hybrid working model
• Fresh fruit, coffee and beverages at the office.
Saber Interactive Spain is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace, especially to gender equality. We prohibit discrimination and harassment based on race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. Saber Interactive Spain makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.