Melbot Studios is currently seeking a Lead Artist who possesses a fervor for video games, a well-documented history in game development, and the enthusiasm (and positive energy) to lead a team of creatives.
Melbot Studios is a dynamic and forward-thinking game development studio located in Barcelona. Our primary focus is crafting distinctive and immersive experiences for PC and console gamers worldwide. Our team is united by a shared passion for gaming and a commitment to delivering high-quality, unconventional fun. With a strong emphasis on creativity, collaboration, and cutting-edge technology, we aspire to redefine the boundaries of gaming and share our vision with millions of players.
About The Role
As a Lead Artist, you will play a pivotal role in mentoring, nurturing, and leading our art team. You will work closely with the Art Director and Production to strategize, coordinate, and execute the team's projects. Additionally, you will be instrumental in fostering a thriving team culture where artists can excel.
Skills & Requirements:
Experience with 3D tools like Painter, Designer, Maya/Blender
Shipped or maintained a game as an Art Lead or senior art role.
Expertise in creating stylized art for 3D games.
Comfortable working in Unity/Unreal.
Worked at an indie studio or built your own indie game .
• Proven experience in managing art teams within a hybrid work environment.
• Background in console game development.
• Proficiency in driving production processes and utilizing tools such as Agile, Asana, and Jira.
• Exceptional organizational skills, meticulous planning, and keen attention to detail. The ability to effectively structure and manage complex information.
• Familiarity with artistic techniques, approaches, and technology, along with the capacity to clearly communicate requirements and provide feedback on these subjects to subject matter experts.
• Strong communication skills that facilitate clear interactions across teams, disciplines, and various stakeholders.
• Residence in Barcelona is preferred, although remote work options are available.
• Recruit, develop, and retain exceptional artists to strengthen our team. Collaborate closely with them to establish and attain career objectives and address feedback.
• Take ownership of planning and delivering art assets for features, milestones, and releases.
• Serve as the vital link between art teams and production, ensuring effective communication of needs, identifying dependencies, and addressing challenges.
• Develop and implement processes to streamline the art team's workflow.
• Establish quality control measures and review mechanisms to support the Art Director and leads, ensuring top-notch output both internally and externally.
• Advocate for team values and cultivate an inspiring and productive team cultur