We are looking for a Narrative Director to join our talented team in Madrid, Spain.
As a Narrative Director, you will play a crucial role in developing and driving the storytelling of our games. You will have the opportunity to shape the narrative direction of our games and work closely with the project’s core design team to create a captivating and immersive experience for the players.
If you are passionate about storytelling and have a proven track record of successful narrative direction in the game industry, we would love to hear from you.
Saber Interactive is a U.S.-based developer and publisher of video games. Consisting of over 20 studios and more than 2,500 employees worldwide, we are one of the key operative business units of Embracer Group, which is one of the biggest videogame companies in the world with around 14000 employees.
Creating and/or publishing games for all major platforms based on original and licensed IPs, Saber’s current and upcoming titles include Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine 2, World War Z, Evil Dead: The Game, SnowRunner and A Quiet Place. Founded in 2001, Saber is also known for two decades of development partnerships with AAA publishers, producing The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt for Nintendo Switch, Halo: The Master Chief Collection, Crysis Remastered, and many others.
Our website is: http://www.saber3d.com
Apply at https://saber-interactive-spain.jobs.personio.com/job/1292049?language=en&display=en
• Proven experience as a Narrative Director or Lead writer on an AAA game.
• Solid understanding of the video game industry and game design principles.
• Strong leadership and management skills.
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
• Understanding of game mechanics and experience implementing narratives within the interactive gameplay.
• Excellent organizational and project management skills.
• Ability to adapt to changing priorities and tight deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
• Strong storytelling and narrative design skills.
• Passion for gaming and a deep understanding of current trends and developments in the industry.
• Fluent in Spanish is a plus.
• Define and execute the game’s narrative vision strategy.
• Develop and oversee the overall narrative vision of the game, ensuring coherence and consistency throughout the storylines and characters.
• Work closely with the Game Director and Art Director to make sure the game design lines up with the narrative of the projects.
• Collaborate with designers, writers, and artists to create engaging storylines.
• Work closely with game designers to integrate narrative elements into gameplay mechanics.
• Opportunity to work with a great international team of professionals on the next generation of AAA titles.
• Salary based on experience.
• Permanent, full-time contract.
• A good work environment.
• Flexible working hours.
• Hybrid working model.
• Fresh fruit, coffee and beverages at the office.
Saber Interactive Spain is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and specially to gender equality. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
Saber Interactive Spain makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.