We are a dynamic interdisciplinary team at Blackmouth Games (https://www.blackmouthgames.com), an indie studio driven by a vision to redefine the landscape of next-generation online gaming.
At Blackmouth Games, we strive to innovate and create unique experiences that push the boundaries of what is possible in the gaming industry. To achieve this, we are currently seeking a full-time Lead Game Designer to join our talented team.
Are you in?
- Proactive person with high organizational skills and excellent communication skills (active listening, patience and empathy).
- Experience in leadership, applied to the design team (>10 people), of RPG mechanics and systems applied to combat, levels, game balance and NFT economy.
- Solid knowledge of DB applied to Excel/Sites.
- To have participated, at least, in the development of a video game, of similar published position (retail).
- Verbal and written communication skills in English B2.
- Proven experience in managing design teams within a hybrid work environment.
- Proficiency in driving production processes (pipelines and workflows) and utilizing tools such as Agile (Jira).
- Exceptional organizational skills, meticulous planning, and keen attention to detail. The ability to effectively structure and manage complex information.
- Strong communication skills that facilitate clear interactions across teams, disciplines, and various stakeholders.
- Experience in multiplayer game development.
- Comfortable working in Unity/Unreal.
- WEB3 knowledge.
- Residence in Madrid is preferred, although remote work options are available.
- Adopt a comprehensive design direction strategy and deliver design assets for milestones and launches:
- Schedule weekly meetings with the design department for updates and follow-ups.
- Serve as a vital liaison between the designer and production teams, ensuring effective communication of needs, identifying dependencies and addressing challenges (from conception to launch) as well as the progression systems and combat formulas that dominate the main games of the project:
* Weapon balancing.
* Level design.
* Documentation maintenance.
* Utilities and loot system.
* Test analysis.
* R&D mechanics.
* Collaborate with marketing department to improve the quality of deliverables and align with them.
* Streamline the designer developer hiring process with HR.
- Develop and implement processes to streamline designer team workflow.
- Establish quality control measures and review mechanisms to support production, ensuring top-notch results both internally and externally.
- Champion team values and cultivate an inspiring and productive team culture.
- We make games with a strong craftsmanship component to which all team members actively contribute.
- Work-life balance is something we respect, protect and encourage through flexible hours.
- We do not feed the crunch culture.
- Possibility of continuous working hours and flexible start times.
- Constant improvement of our tools and processes so you can focus on creativity.
- Excellent working environment in the company of qualified professionals, who will help you make the most of your potential.
- Salary according to experience and skills.
If you want to be part of our team, send us your CV and a link to your portfolio/reel to:
email@example.com // Subject: "[Lead Game Designer] - Candidate name".
* All samples received will be considered confidential.