We are a dynamic interdisciplinary team at Blackmouth Games (https://www.blackmouthgames.com), an indie studio driven by a vision to redefine the landscape of next-generation online gaming.
At Blackmouth Games, we strive to innovate and create unique experiences that push the boundaries of what is possible in the gaming industry. To achieve this, we are currently seeking a full-time Senior 3D Character Artist to join our talented team.
Are you in?
- +5 years of experience in modeling, texturing and material creation with game engines, such as Unreal Engine 4.
- Proficiency knowledge of 3D applications such as ZBrush, Blender and Allegorithmic Substance Painter:
* Character rigging and skinning.
- Strong experience with:
* Create both realistic and stylized character models.
* Optimized topologies.
* UV mapping and texture creation for character models.
- Strong understanding of anatomy, form, and silhouette.
- Effective communication skills and ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Verbal and written communication skills in English B2.
- Advanced knowledge of:
* Concept Art.
- University degree or equivalent in Art.
- Residence in Madrid is preferred, although remote work options are available.
- Create high quality 3D character models, following the workflow of the Art Dept. under the supervision of the Lead, that fit the artistic vision and artistic style:
* Iterate character designs based on feedback from Art Director and other team members.
* Develop and maintain a consistent and visually appealing artistic style for characters.
* Create both organic and hard surface character models with functionality and in-game performance in mind.
* Apply textures and materials to character models to achieve the desired visual quality.
- Work closely with the design and programming teams to understand character requirements and constraints.
- Learn our rigging and skinning tools. No previous rigging experience is necessary.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and tools related to character modeling.
- We make games with a strong craftsmanship component to which all team members actively contribute.
- Work-life balance is something we respect, protect and encourage through flexible hours.
- We do not feed the crunch culture.
- Possibility of continuous working hours and flexible start times.
- Constant improvement of our tools and processes so you can focus on creativity.
- Excellent working environment in the company of qualified professionals, who will help you make the most of your potential.
- Salary according to experience and skills.
If you want to be part of our team, send us your CV and a link to your portfolio/reel to:
firstname.lastname@example.org // Subject: "[Senior 3D Character Artist] - Candidate name".
* All samples received will be considered confidential.