Position: Junior Environment Artist
Location: Madrid, Spain (on-site)
Required work experience: 1-3 years
Job type: full-time
Gaya-Simulations is a leader in the gaming industry with AAA-class projects. Our company's main office is in Israel, with an additional studio in Madrid. We specialize in developing immersive games that combine innovative design with creative storytelling. Our team comprises creative and technical experts from around the world. Specializing in real-time games, we are collaborating with Microsoft Xbox Studios on the development of Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024.
What we expect from the candidate:
• Ability to analyze complex structures such as medieval castles or industrial complexes in the spirit of large international airports.
• Familiarity with art AAA workflows.
• Proficiency in 3DS Max /Maya.
• Proficiency in Blender - advantage.
• Experience in modeling and texturing environmental objects.
• Experience with Substance Painter and understanding of its basic operating principles.
• Understanding of the full asset production cycle from blockout to optimization.
• Understanding of the principles of optimizing game-ready models.
• Ability to convey the properties and characteristics of different materials accurately and knowing when to exaggerate/hyperbolize the PBR values within the engine limits for a better result.
• High texturing skills to create realistic materials with all the necessary information.
• Understanding of the principles of implementing environmental objects through a unique, modular, and trim/atlas approach.
• Understanding of the principles of vertex color operation.
• Desire to improve skills.
• Understanding the role of feedback in working on large projects.
• A portfolio containing examples of environmental work.
What you will need for work:
• Ability to assess proportions, interpret concepts, and work with complex combinations of shapes and textures.
• Experience in sculpting, ranging from implementing simple landscape forms (rocks, stone memorials, etc.) to a professional and confident level for visualizing sculptures, monuments, panels, frescoes, and other complex environmental objects.
What to do:
• Create game-ready environment objects (full cycle).
• Search for and select references and interact with the project lead and art director in the search for visual solutions.
• Look for artistic solutions, find and propose ways to implement them within the framework of technical requirements.
Look what we do!
If you want to work with us, we will be happy to chat!
Feel free to fill out the contact form below with your resume and portfolio: