Stratos: Punto de Encuentro de Desarrolladores

¡Bienvenido a Stratos!

Acceder

Foros

The Map Editor - ATTN: TheAzazel

Iniciado por Mikenoworth, 03 de Febrero de 2007, 10:02:30 AM

« anterior - próximo »

Mikenoworth

Well after a bunch of moping around wishing I knew what to code next, the editor is in a good state!!

Lots of fixes/changes (GUI changes mostly..).  I still haven't added layers to the maps, not sure if I want to - as it isn't required for my game project :).

The main issues are:

Each tile is stored in a data array as a short like so:

tile = data[ ((map x size * y position) + x position) ];

Sadly, this leaves no room for other data. I was thinking about expanding it to a long, using the two extra bytes for tile flags, which could tell the game if the tile is accessible to the player or not. (ie. tile collision)

But this would definitly complicate things and force me to expand the editor past what I intended it for. ;)  Besides all that, I want to move on to the actor (sprite) editor and then finally the game itself. So I've decided to release the editor to the public and call it good.

I will include 100% source - Which will expose the inner-workings of the maps themselves - Letting anyone expand upon the basics I've put down. One big thing to note is I use MSVC 7.1, and cannot give support for other compiler packages. I simply don't know how to use them.

The main editor code is something of a mess, but the map module is pretty clean, just not well-commented. All of the memory leaks that _I_ created have been removed (From the looks of it SDL creates alot of memory leaks on it's own.)

Anywho, if you want to distribute the editor via your website, that would make it easier on me - I have no place to put the darn thing myself.

A last bit on the editor before I go: There are some good editors listed on the crm32pro website, which are more flexible/featured than mine. I would rather use them if I didn't have to have things my way.  :lol:  But I would be proud if you wanted to use it to display how awesome CRM32Pro is.  :wink:

p.s. - Thanks for all the help! 8)

TheAzazel

:D this post encourages myself to work harder!

I have been working in the library a few hundred hours, even thousand, I dont remember....but at this moment(an other like this ones,e.x. Motoko, ichibomberman, other Harko´s works,...), I really feel good to know my work is something useful for other people.

Of course, I will add your editor to the webpage, when you have ready the package, send me it and I will update the web :).

Since now, longing for your game release!!

I really thanks your post, cheers!

Mikenoworth

I really need the sprite structure :)

TheAzazel

sorry for the delay.... you already have it :)

Stratos es un servicio gratuito, cuyos costes se cubren en parte con la publicidad.
Por favor, desactiva el bloqueador de anuncios en esta web para ayudar a que siga adelante.
Muchísimas gracias.